YouTube's experimental interface now show a "Recommended" link in the homepage and, when you watch a video, you can see in the persistent header links for "What to Watch", "My Suscriptions" and "Recommended". The guide sidebar is smaller and now the design is very similar to Google+.
Here's how you can enable the experiment:
- Go to YouTube.com and load your browser's developer console:
- Google Chrome: Tools, Developer Tools
- Mozilla Firefox: Web Developer, Web Console
- Internet Explorer: Developer Tools (F12), Console
- Copy and paste the following code:
document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=Mk4uh1GL8q4; path=/; domain=.youtube.com";window.location.reload();
- Press Enter and you'll see the experiment.
If doesn't work, try this other method:
- Open Chrome and install this extension.
- Go to YouTube and select "Edit Cookies" option on the context menu:
- Find a cookie named VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE and replace the value with this cookie value:
- Click "Submit cookie changes" and refresh the page.